[OT] user-management bit of web apps

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Thu Jan 31 16:57:18 GMT 2008

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> Anything other than Egg and Sledge?  <insert joke about using one to
> smash the other>

Tripletail and Waft were the other two additions I hadn't seen before. Waft
actually looks fairly reasonable.

> BTW, I like how anything tangentially related to MVC is a "Maypole
> wheel-reinvention". ....
> MVC is just a design pattern.  A framework being MVC doesn't by itself
> mean much.  Many "MVC frameworks" do not resemble Maypole or Rails in
> any way.  (Many do.)

Matt was the one who started talking about web application frameworks on
CPAN being wheel-reinvention - apparently without irony - not I. So I was
just reminding him that *all* software is wheel-reinvention, not just the
software I didn't write.

But yes, I like it too.

--
<huey> The piano may also be on fire, or full of angry badgers, or both.