help with qx?

Iain Barnett iainspeed at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 01:20:22 GMT 2008

On 6 Feb 2008, at 12:51 am, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:39:20AM +0000, Iain Barnett wrote:
>
>> (a.k.a C# developers) waiting for a script to cure their build
>> process!
>
> There would be some reason why they don't want to write this in
> C#? :-)

a) they didn't want to write anything at all, as they're so used to
having to do everything through the gui because it's Windoze, they
got used to it taking 30 mins/n+ hours to do a build and deploy for a
small website, and for a lot of human intervention along the way.
They're used to it failing, I just think "why?".
b) if I write it in C# they can interfere more easily :)
c) it's a good excuse to use more perl and try to make the jump to
'intermediate'! I'm tired of Windows development.

> But you want to use open)
>
> Nicholas Clark

Seems like open() with a pipe is the way. Thanks Nicholas and Andy,
and Randy for the insight about lists.

Iain