views on "Catalyst" by Jonathan Rockway ?

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Thu Feb 7 18:51:09 GMT 2008

* On Thu, Feb 07 2008, Jeff Anderson wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008 10:41 AM, Ovid <publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I actually had one developer tell me (make sure you're
>> not drinking anything when you read this) "we're re-envisioning OO".
>
> I am now wiping coffee from my monitor. :(

Just to be clear, nobody currently involved with the project thinks the
plugin system is acceptable.  The same goes for using NEXT.

However, Catalyst has a lot of users, and we can't break their working
code just because we don't like our old design anymore.  But don't
worry, we can (and will soon) replace the legacy plugin system AND keep
old apps working :)

(And yes, it will use "traits", although we prefer to spell it "roles".)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway