Traits, r?les and other repurposed terms

Adrian Howard adrianh at quietstars.com
Fri Feb 8 13:46:15 GMT 2008

On 8 Feb 2008, at 13:23, Ovid wrote:

> --- Abigail <abigail at abigail.be> wrote:
>
>> (Of course, "roles" is just "multiple inheritance" with a different
>> name.
>
> With all due respect, this is not even remotely true.
[snip]

I think that depends on how you define MI and roles :-)

For example Eiffel's OO model (ignoring the switching roles/traits in/
out at runtime - which it doesn't handle) gives a lot of the same
benefits, in pretty much the same sort of way, without introducing
roles/traits as concepts separate from "class".

Cheers,

Adrian