Traits, r

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Fri Feb 8 15:03:58 GMT 2008

On 8 Feb 2008, at 14:41, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> the trick is if you are using some concept that is new or different
> make sure you
> comment it and clearly show its advantages[1]. even if you have to
> add URL's to
> articles about it. if later it becomes a standard in the community
> of perl
> programmers they can always remove your comments.

As a tangent it surprises me how little URLs are used in comments. It
seems that programmers often feel the need to provide their own précis
right there when a link would be both less verbose in the code and
more informative. Maybe people are reluctant to admit their sources,
or feel the need to demonstrate comprehension of the subject - but the
next person who comes along cares little about that.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten