Traits, r

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Feb 8 16:04:51 GMT 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 02:41:29PM +0000, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> 'i guess it comes down to how clever the guy was before you, if its a
> great programmer like MJD then even his 50% might be better than my 100%'

Debugging a program requires you to be much smarter than just writing the
program. Therefore, anybody writing a program to the full extent of their
ability will be too dumb to debug it.

(Of course, you could be brilliant and not bother to debug your code. And if
you're *that* brilliant, stop coding and get back to writing the rest of
TAoCP.)