home NAS - typical on-topicedness....

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Tue Feb 12 12:19:00 GMT 2008

On 12 Feb 2008, at 11:52, Mark Morgan wrote:
> Has anyone had any good experiences with a home NAS?  I'm not looking
> for anything too complex, just something for network backup of
> specific files, and shared music/photo/etc storage.

You may want something shiny - but I have an old PC rescued from a
skip with Linux + rsync + a couple of big SATA drives. That box does
daily rsync from my laptops, T's PC (Windows) and a remote server. I'm
using rsync's hard-to-previous-version option to get incremental
backups.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten