what perl modules are installed

Ian Docherty londonperlmongers at iandocherty.com
Wed Feb 13 14:43:24 GMT 2008

Edwardson, Tony wrote:
> I use the following
>
> use ExtUtils::Installed;
> my ($inst) = ExtUtils::Installed->new();
>
> foreach my $module (sort $inst->modules()) {
>         printf "%-30s%s\n", $module, $inst->version($module);
> }
>
> Tony

That's interesting, but it only gives me the following output which is
obviously wrong.

Compress::Raw::Zlib           2.008
Perl                          5.8.5

so I assume that the method being used is to only record those modules
that have
been installed in the 'traditional' way, i.e. by being 'make'd whereas I
know for a fact
that some modules have been 'installed' by copying from another
identical build machine.

Module::Finder seems to offer the most possibility at the moment if I
can just work out
how to remove the guf that it also outputs.

Regards
Ian