Shifting SVN dirs around

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Thu Feb 14 23:08:12 GMT 2008

Currently I have my SVN repo set up so that trunk is

	/simon/<program name>/

and releases are

	/simon-releases/<program name>/<version>

and I've been pondering changing it to the more standard

	/simon/<program name>/trunk
                         /releases/<version>  # or /tags
                         /branches

and I've been trying to think of a way to automate it. The best I can
come up with is something along the lines of this (in pseudo code)

	foreach $name (@all_programs) {
		svn mkdir /tmp/$name
		svn mv    /simon/$name /tmp/$name/trunk
		svn mv    /tmp/$name   /simon/$name
		svn mv    /simon-releases/$name /simon/$name/releases
		svn mkdir /simon/$name/branches
	}

Is this a completely crazy? Is there a better way of doing this?