Beer

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sat Mar 1 18:30:11 GMT 2008

On 1 Mar 2008, at 10:38, Bob Walker wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Mar 2008, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> You can drink in central London for £1.74 a pint if you go to the
>> right places...
> a sam smith's pub is never the right place.

I dunno, the bitter's pleasant enough and the stomach cramps don't
kick in until after the second pint, by which time you're well into
the third and don't really care any more.

If you want a bloody awful pub, try a Wetherspoons and their "ale"
which appears to come from Sarsons, or any place that advertises Sky
Sports and cheap lager, or caters to tourists. A rainbow flag is
usually a bad sign too.

Really, when it comes to no-go pubs, Sam Smiths doesn't come *close*.