Gosh, you're all very quiet

Kake L Pugh kake at earth.li
Fri Mar 7 19:24:29 GMT 2008

On Fri 07 Mar 2008, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:
> Clearly the solution is to re-subscribe Lyle to the list.

No, I have a better idea.

The social last night at the Edgar Wallace went very well, and we will
certainly be going back there in the future.  However in the interests
of variation we will be going to a different pub next month.  Please
make suggestions!

The chosen pub needs to be fairly central; it needs to have a function
room which holds at least 30 people and which we can book without a
deposit; it needs to have at least two reasonably-kept real ales on
tap; and it needs to do food in the evening, preferably up to at least 9pm.

Obviously "fairly central" is quite a nebulous concept, but "reachable
from the point of exiting the nearest zone 1 station in less than 10
minutes' additional travel" is a good working definition.  Additional
travel is allowed to include any public transport that Oyster PAYG is
accepted on, but the 10-minute total must include any connection time.

Kake
PS Last night's beer list is now up on RGL for the interested:
  http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Edgar_Wallace,_WC2R_3JF