[londonperl] Re: Celebrate the Decline and Fall of the U.S. Empire at YAPC::NA::2008

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Thu Mar 13 05:35:22 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> wrote:
>  hmm, did you ever pay us back for lend/lease?? you should be happy we
>  tossed that tea overboard so we could develop into a world power and
>  rule the waves. too bad we picked a loser for prez. :/

As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more
closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach
their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a
downright moron.
    -- H. L. Mencken, 1920

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.