Perl proficiency grading system

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:45:17 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Mark Knoop <mark at rawcane.net> wrote:
>  Does anyone know of a list of benchmarks or grading criteria (whether
>  serious or humorous) which can be used to determine one's proficiency as a
>  Perl programmer?

I did a test at BrainBench once, many moons ago, and even got a real
paper certificate. (Mailed from the Philippines, for some reason.)

Though as I remember, that was more along the lines of "do you
remember all the flags to ls(1)" in places, i.e. tested knowledge of
things a Real Programmer would probably look up in the docs rather
than have in his head at all times. And since it was multiple-choice,
it of necessity couldn't test things such as resourcefulness etc.

Cheers,
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>