Perl proficiency grading system

Jonathan Lloyd webmaster at lifegames.org
Thu Mar 13 22:10:03 GMT 2008

I have encounter a couple of places that offer some Perl tests, they are by
no means incredibly comprehensive, but they could help get your mind in the
right place.

The first is a service called oDesk which is actually a forum to connect
project managers, business owners, etc., to developers for individual
projects.  But if you sign up for the service (which is free) you can take
"proficiency" tests to prove to potential clients that you can do what you
say you can do. http://www.odesk.com/

The other is called BrainBench, which primarily does pre-employement testing
(at least that is what our company uses it for).  You can sign up for a
personal account and take tests as a way to pre-qualify yourself for
companies that use this services. http://www.brainbench.com/

The tests themselves are more about the concepts within Perl than actually
writing and evaluating code, but again, it will be helpful in getting your
feet wet.

--
Jonathan Lloyd