A less approximate version of Tie::Hash::Approx

the hatter london.pm at bang.meep.org
Sat Mar 15 10:12:40 GMT 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 3:50 PM, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> > I need a module that will let me tie a hash so that if I try to FETCH a
> >  value for a key that exists, then it'll return the appropriate value,
> >  but will also let me fetch values for keys that match certain rules.
>
> Maybe not very helpful - but I think it is hard to see where you would
> like to stop your generalisation before getting a universal function
> call instead of a hash lookup.

I can't see why he would want to stop his generalisation, if he would end
up with the universal function.

print $hash{pdf output of a report on this data}
print $hash{the answer to all my problems}
print $hash{the winner of the 3:30 at kempton}
print $hash{how to bring about world peace}

all of these would be useful in most contexts.

the hatter