Books on writing distributed systems

A Smith asmith9983 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 20:53:31 GMT 2008

Hi
I'm looking at this too from a systems perspective. I've looked at DRBD but
it still not fully released. LCR(Local Continuous Replication) is another
acronym for something similar.  I can't believe its not been solved already
at the mainframe or large Sun/HP system level as  these systems are running
airline reservation  systems and  bank ATM's.  Linux servers have the same
resiliency and fail-over needs, almost regardless of organisation size. Why
re-invent the wheel ?
Andrew