PDA compatible with my Debian / KDE?

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Wed Mar 26 19:41:57 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 16:09 +0100, Luis Motta Campos wrote:
> Hoy everybody!
>
>   I'm thinking seriously about getting me a Personal Organizer, but I
> would love to be able to use and synchronize it with my Debian KDE
> Desktop / Laptop.
>
>   Do you have any experiences or suggestions about which ones I should
> and should not consider in my evaluation?

I bought a Nokia N810 recently...  it's not a phone, it's more-or-less a
a very small laptop with an 800x480 screen, and it runs a version of
Debian.  GNOME(ish) though, not KDE.

The GPE suite of PIM stuff is shipped on the official repositories, or
there are probably other things that could be persuaded to work.

So far I've found it fairly usable, although if you don't absolutely
need the keyboard and the GPS then I'd consider the N800 a better deal
at roughly half the price.

Cheers,
Denny