Perl on IIS webserver

Nic Gibson nicg at corbas.net
Fri Mar 28 10:22:08 GMT 2008

On 28/03/2008, Hemant Verma <Hemant.Verma at ons.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have configured my IIS webserver to run cgi and perl scripts. I have
> checked it and confirmed that every thing is set according to instructions
> available on internet. I am trying to run  a simple hello perl program and
> every time I was getting HTTP Error.
> I changed the mapping of .pl file with perlis.dll instead of cqperl.exe
> which comes with rational software and resides in "c:\program
> files\rational\common".
> perlis.dll did not come with rational software so I copied it from other
> machine which has got standard 5.6.1 installation under c:\perl folder.

It's a long time since I've used perlis.dll but I think your problem is
going to be caused by that copy. You are going to need the entire
ActiveState perl install because perlis.dll is simply a shim layer between
ISAPI and perl - it isn't perl itself.

You are probably better off asking this question on one the ActiveState perl
mailing lists (http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/). The perl-win32-web
list looks potentially useful.

cheers

nic