Random Perl 6 syntax rant

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Tue Apr 1 10:12:13 BST 2008

Andy Wardley wrote:
> I know Perl has a reputation for being unreadable line noise, but I
> didn't
> think this was the single quality that Perl 6 was trying to
> emphasise.  Sigils
> are a nice idea, but not when you have to wade through three of them
> before
> you can reach the symbol name.

It's all part of the plan, make Perl so unreadable that only CAMRA
loving beardy wierdos can use it and we'll all have jobs for life.

BWAAAAHAHAHA!!! [1]

Seriously we don't want just anybody programming in Perl do we?[2]

[1] Not sure how many As there should be in the BWAAAA part. Four seems
to be a minimum.
[2] Look what happened to PHP.

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 358223
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com