Just a reminder ...

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Tue Apr 1 17:12:22 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 11:15:25AM +0100, Dave Cross said:
> I think Mr Cantrell might be the man to ask about that. I seem to remember
> him having a complete archive of everything. He once took copies of the
> earliest (mailgroup, was that what we used?) archives from me. Which is
> handy as I have subsequently mislaid them.

I think I may have them as well. The earliest mail I have is on July
16th 1997

  Date: 16 Jul 1998 09:53:26 -0000
  To: dave at mag-sol.com
  From: MakeList! Staff <support at findmail.com>
  Subject: FindMail: New List london_pm at makelist.com

the next one after that is

  Date: 20 Jul 1998 07:31:45 -0000
  To: london_pm at makelist.com
  From: Alex Schajer <alex at online.emap.com>
  Subject: [london_pm] Perl Conference 2.0

and the first meeting announcement the next day

  Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:32:54 +0100
  To: "'London.pm List'" <london_pm at makelist.com>
  From: "Cross, David" <david.cross at csfb.com>
  Subject: [london_pm] Meeting

  I see we have a few people on the list, so does anyone have any
  opinions on dates & times for a meeting.

  As I said in my last mail, I suggest sometime in the middle of next
  week at the Princess Louise in Holborn. Does anyone have any
  preferences for a day?

  I'd like to get this confirmed in the next couple of days so that we
  can announce it in comp.lang.perl.misc.

  Dave...

and then evidence that the Heretics were in force even at this proto
stage

  > As I said in my last mail, I suggest sometime in the middle of next
  > week at the Princess Louise in Holborn. Does anyone have any
  > preferences for a day?

  Not sure if you got my last msg - I'd prefer Tues or Thurs.