April Fools Day

Andy Wardley abw at wardley.org
Wed Apr 2 09:11:36 BST 2008

Tom Barrett wrote:
> Maybe I can cheer you up with some flying penguins: http://www.bbc.co.uk/

I fell asleep in front of the TV on the night of March 31st.  At some point
during the early hours of April 1st, the BBC played a "trailer" for the nature
program due to be shown that night that had this remarkable footage of flying
penguins.  I remember seeing the trailer, half-awake, and then drifting back
off to sleep thinking "Wow, that's pretty amazing - flying penguins - I don't
believe it!".

By the following morning it had obviously sunk in as "truth" because I saw a
link to the article and thought to myself: "Mustn't forget to watch that
program tonight with the remarkable footage of the newly discovered flying
penguins!".

I got all the way to the last paragraph of the article before I realised it
was April 1st and I was stoopid.   Made me chuckle though.