Better Perl

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 13:58:44 BST 2008

On 04/04/2008, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:
> This starts to be circular.

Not really.

First you said perl was dead for web startups because nobody else was
using it one meeting of self-selecting web 2.0 muppets.

Then you said that other languages are breaking into new fields but
couldn't back it up when I pointed out that you were wrong.

>  what this thread started with was me
>  trying to assess Perl popularity among web startups - I still have not
>  yet seen any sample better than mine - so I'll stay with my conclusion
>  that Perl does not do well in web frameworks.

Define your criteria - I'm pretty impressed with Perl's frameworks -
there isn't a CMS that I'd pick in Perl, but none in any other
language that I'd use either. Fortunately I haven't done that in a
long while so I'm not concerned.

>  If you have any idea how to improve this discussion so that it does
>  not go in circles - then I'll be grateful.

Learning to trim quotes and sigs would be good ;)

I could also suggest you look harder for perl startups - wibbling on
perl monks and expecting them to beat a path to your posting isn't
exactly a serious effort.

Come back when you have a survey to match Kirrily Robert's recent one.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk