Better Perl

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at
Fri Apr 4 14:48:56 BST 2008

On 04/04/2008, Dean Wilson <dwilson at> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 03:12:40PM +0200, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
>  > so my question is if those people can discuss that matter at this
>  > general list - or if such a discussion would be too harmful for those
>  > that don't agree with that thesis?
> Maybe one of the TPF lists would be a better fit for this kind of
>  important discussion than a generic PM group mailing list. I'm sure they'd
>  welcome community perspective on issues like this and would be able to
>  provide guidance and advice.

That would be, perhaps, the perl-advocacy list - if I was concerned
about management forcing us to move to another language (which I'm
not, as my clients  management have a clue), then I would have
posted/asked on there.

A quick check in gmail leads me to the conclusion that there aren't
any people worrying enough about perl being replaced with some other
language to post there.