Better Perl

Matt Sergeant msergeant at
Tue Apr 8 10:51:39 BST 2008

Paul Makepeace wrote:
> IIRC the thread was about making a better perl, which produced the
> sentiment that "Perl is fine, thankyouverymuch" and yet here we are
> with perl not really being all that critical to very many people's
> businesses. And for the relative few that are, they're hardly shining
> examples of Wikipedia/Facebook/etc stature. Sure, perl's a useful
> tool, but it's not critical.

It's critical here.

Sure we're not "the web", but we do filter email for Citi, The UK Govt,
Motorola, and a few other small businesses.

I don't think perl is just fine though. I've LONG argued that I want a
perl 5 that adds proper classes. That's about all I want though. Oh and
more speed would be nice.

For more information please visit