Memcaching Plan of Attack

Jason Tang jason at
Fri Apr 11 10:17:13 BST 2008

On Thu Apr 10, 2008 at 06:38:36PM +0100, Leon Brocard wrote:
> On 10/04/2008, Jason Tang <jason at> wrote:
> >  So add abit of code to check if it exists in memcached if not hit db,
> >  and save it into memcached. Now am I going to have to find all refernces
> >  to those tables adn get them to expire that memcached entry?
> I highly recommend not expiring data, it's way too much pain. Instead
> only cache data that you don't mind being out of date. For more:

Thanks for your quick response!

I'm trying to work out if there is anything in the app I dont mind being
out of date. I'm struggling as its a webapp that people use for the
backoffice processes and so everything kind of needs to be up-to-date.

Thanks for the link to the slide. Its been useful!

Jason Tang  - email: jason at - msn: jason-msn at