Compiling a package into a namespace

Jesse Vincent jesse at
Fri Apr 11 20:01:43 BST 2008

On Apr 11, 2008, at 2:52 PM, Simon Wistow wrote:
> This is very possibly one of those "You're asking the wrong question"
> questions but what the hell.
> I have a mod_perl app and I want to load a package called 'foo'
> defined
> in ~/simon/a/ However I also want to load a package called
> 'foo'
> defined in ~/simon/b/

You could have a wrapper routine which localizes %INC, removes entries
not within 'b' and alters @INC to look to 'b' first for the duration
of the load of 'b'.
For extra points, you could drop this wrapper into a coderef that
itself lives at the front of @INC.

However, you're doing it wrong and this will cause problems. (But I
don't see what they are, once you sort out the bits above).