Scripted installs

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Apr 17 11:53:39 BST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 01:05:02AM +0200, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> I'm downloading random stuff on CPAN right now, and having it ask me
> all sorts of fiddly questions ("do you want to install GET as an
> alias?" -- argh!) is making me want to put the answers to in a file,

You want to read this bit of the CPAN.pm manpage:
  http://search.cpan.org/~andk/CPAN-1.9205/lib/CPAN.pm#Configuration_for_individual_distributions_(Distroprefs)

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
 (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an
 endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary"  -- H. L. Mencken