Seriously, WTF?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu May 8 13:08:41 BST 2008

On 8 May 2008, at 12:45, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
[Disaster recovery drills]
> (Nothing against the company in question, but who can, hand on
> heart, say they've ever taken part in one of these?)

I have, except that it wasn't a drill. The overtime put 50% onto my
take-home that month, which was nice.

It's like testing: it's much better to just ignore it until it bites
you, at least if you have the same attitude as a lot of places I've
worked at. Since they usually don't have a disaster, this does
actually seem to be a reasonable business decision despite how it
annoys my sense of Doing Things Right.