Email distribution companies

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Fri May 9 11:35:22 BST 2008

James Laver wrote:
> At $work, we have a newsletter that goes out weekly and frankly, it's
> becoming a bit of a pain to manage, we just don't have the time to
> fiddle with tweaking mailservers.
>
> The newsletter is currently quite small, readership of about 4000, but
> over time it's going to grow and for less hassle, it would be nice to
> stick with the same company.
>
> Can anyone recommend a decent company for taking care of email
> distribution like this, on a relatively small scale?

We use Campaign Monitor for the delivery (www.campaignmonitor.com) - no
fiddling with mail servers and they can deal with de-duping the list,
subs & unsubs.

They have some nifty tools for spam testing your mailout too.

Highly recommended if you want to manage the creation and send of the
newsletter yourselves, from a creative point of view.

There are plenty of companies that will manage that bit of it for you
too (including mine) but that may be more money than you want to spend.

S.