Email distribution companies

Adeola Awoyemi adeola at creativeadea.com
Fri May 9 12:11:39 BST 2008

On 9 May 2008, at 11:35, James Laver wrote:

> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Adeola Awoyemi <adeola at creativeadea.com
> > wrote:
>> Not sure if this is what you mean but, we use campaign monitor[0].
>> You do
>> the work, create a campaign and upload the assets for it, then they
>> do the
>> sending and reporting for you.
>>
>> [0] http://www.campaignmonitor.com
>
> This looks promising.
>
> Basically we have a newsletter production system that will dump the
> html for the newsletter and we just need a quick way of sending it.
>
> The ideas are to save us time maintaining a mailserver and perhaps add
> simple tracking of who is or is not opening it. The list must be
> subscribed to but it would be nice to have readership statistics
> because inevitably some people will stop reading.

Yes. As Simon mentioned earlier, they handle all the tracking and
reporting for you so it makes things a lot easier. Another thing is
that they also have APIs (in many languages and Perl) for managing
subscriber lists and also support server authentication for users who
are very 'cautious' about who they receive email from.

Have a browse around their site. They have lots of docs and code
samples to download, so this might just be the thing you need.

Good luck,
Adeola.