moving to the UK

Pedro Figueiredo me at
Fri May 9 15:44:56 BST 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Nicholas Clark <nick at> wrote:
> However, what isn't obvious, is what are the rules for an EU national moving
> to the UK? Specifically an EU national moving to the UK who may choose not be
> working for a bit, so won't automatically be paying N.I.

iirc, i turned up at a job centre with a letter from my employer
stating i was working for them and earning x. after a couple of weeks
i went for an interview in another job centre (in my area of
residence), where all the paperwork was dealt with.

opening a bank account and getting a pay monthly cell phone, that was
the hard part.

"you don't code php. you merely edit it until it works." - merlyn