moving to the UK

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri May 9 15:59:37 BST 2008

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 03:44:56PM +0100, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> wrote:
> >
> > However, what isn't obvious, is what are the rules for an EU national moving
> > to the UK? Specifically an EU national moving to the UK who may choose not be
> > working for a bit, so won't automatically be paying N.I.
> >

> iirc, i turned up at a job centre with a letter from my employer
> stating i was working for them and earning x. after a couple of weeks
> i went for an interview in another job centre (in my area of
> residence), where all the paperwork was dealt with.

Sorry, your selective quoting suggests that I wasn't clear enough.

It's specifically NHS rules that I'm interested in, and what happens if you're
not working. (EU nationals are entitled to live here, but it's not clear what
health service provision they can get, and whether what they can get is less
if they're not working. And the bloody government doesn't seem to put the
rules online anywhere findable)

Nicholas Clark