Email distribution companies

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Fri May 9 21:24:37 BST 2008

Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> So if I export my list of spam targets^w^wvalued (potential) customers
> to this site in Australia am I in compliance with the DP regulations?

As I understand it, yes you are. Since the regulations changed a few
years ago, you are the data controller and are responsible for ensuring
that data processors adhere to the act.

CM's terms say that they won't sell or pass on your lists so as long as
you are capturing data in compliance with the act you should be fine to
process it though them.

But I'm not a lawyer and you should seek your own advice on it. FWIW,
we're happy to use them for various activities including charity work.

S.