Email distribution companies

Jonathan Lloyd webmaster at
Sat May 10 19:48:08 BST 2008

The company we use at $work is Constant Contact (  They manage subscribe lists, including
opt-ins and opt-outs.  They provide very detailed statistics about the
e-mail campaigns: how many opens, reads, forwards, click-throughs; and their
user interface is very simple.

The only downside is that they don't have APIs to import messages, but if
you have a script that just spits out the HTML for the e-mail, it would be
incredible easy to copy/paste.

We have been using it for the last few years, and have been very satisfied.

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Peter Edwards <peter at>

> On 9 May 2008, at 11:35, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> > We use Campaign Monitor for the delivery ( -
> > no fiddling with mail servers and they can deal with de-duping the
> > list, subs & unsubs.
> Another option I've used for customers is:
> Regards, Peter

Jonathan Lloyd
(714) 328-3249