Sql Error

Hemant Verma hemant.verma at ons.gsi.gov.uk
Thu May 15 16:15:06 BST 2008

Can any body please let me know how I can print the error message
associated with a query.

Following is the psuedo code for perl.

$query = "select * from table";

If I make any mistake in this query like

$query = "selects * from table";

$result = $db->sql($query);

 I used to print error as $db-error();

But it does not print any thing.

How can I print the error message associated with this query.

This is bit urgent as i have to deliver something so please give me the
solution asap.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemant Verma
Test Analyst - Testing Services Group
Office for National Statistics, Titchfield.
Mob: 07715759776, Direct CUG: 8889776
Ext: 0132-981-3575

For the latest data on the economy and society consult National Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy on the use of electronic communications

Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those of the Office for National Statistics

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.