Mobile phone broadband suggestions

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Fri May 16 10:06:55 BST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 09:01:50AM +0100, Edmund von der Burg wrote:

> Half the time she'll be in Wales where there is no broadband, so will
> need to connect over her mobile phone. Most likely this will be over
> GPRS as our valley doesn't have 3G yet. We don't have O2 or Orange
> reception either, but all the others are at full strength courtesy of
> our neighbor's diversification into phone mast planting.
>
> What should she get so that she has a decent handset to access email
> and basic web on, and can also connect with her Apple laptop to the
> net? I doubt she'll be going over a gig a month, any big downloading
> will be done in London.

Seeing as you say the others are at full strength, I'm assuming that
includes Vodafone. If that is the case you may want to investigate the
new Vodafone Broadband USB stick [1]. JJ from Birmingham.pm (and
Vodafone until the end of June) has one and it is highly recommended. He
also has a Mac :)

[1]
http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=template04&pageID=MB_0001

Cheers,