Perl Mongers Census

Barbie barbie at
Thu May 22 09:31:38 BST 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 01:01:35AM -0700, Ovid wrote:
> > From: Dave Cross <dave at>
> >
> > I've long believed that is the nexus of the Perl Mongers
> > world. And here's a good chance for you to prove me right.
> Actually, Portland might give London a run for its money not just for how many high profile Perl people are there, but the fact that they actually have technical meetings.  EVERY MONTH! :) can also beat them on technical meetings, and we do have
some high-profile Perl people :)

> And given that many consider Portland to be the microbrewery capital of the world (e.g.,, they can give you a decent run for your money on beer, too.

Again our regular haunt, The Wellington [1], does rather well on that
count too :) With the Black Country and other midland breweries barely a
stones throw away, it's not too difficult to find a decent, reasonably
priced, ale here ;)

Birmingham Perl Mongers <>
Memoirs Of A Roadie <>