left-handed Daves was Re: Dimsum Thursday 1pm Chuen Cheng Ku

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri May 30 14:26:55 BST 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 01:25:51PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:

> The "mother's maiden name" I have given my bank is not my mother's actual
> maiden name. It may be paranoid, but possibly not unreasonably so.
>
> As security questions go, this must be one of the worst next to "what's your
> Social Security Number?"

It's akin to the trivially bypassed lock* on most peoples' front door.
Enough to keep honest people honest.  Which is good enough, considering
how rare serious criminals are and how unlikely any particular
individual is to be targetted by them.

* pick it?  nah, most doors won't take a good booting

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

Us Germans take our humour very seriously
  -- German cultural attache talking to the Today Programme,
     about the German supposed lack of a sense of humour, 29 Aug 2001