Primary DNS hosting, without transferring the domains

nik nik at ngo.org.uk
Wed Jun 4 21:01:51 BST 2008

How do,

Who do we currently recommend for providing primary DNS hosting, without
needing to transfer domains?  I've got a dozen or so domain names, and
as part of my attempt to get out of the hosting-for-friends-and-family
business I want to shift the hosting elsewhere.

However, I don't especially want to have to transfer the domain name to
somewhere else, I'm happy with my current registrar.  I just want
someone to host the primary DNS.

That seems to rule out Easily and Gandi, who seemed to be most
recommended the last time this came up (as far as I can tell from my
mail archives).