Fwd: O'Reilly invites you to Mashed 2008

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Jun 19 12:39:38 BST 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 09:10:08AM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
> Quoting Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk>:
> >Let's fill Mashed with Perl hackers.
> Over the last few days I've been watching the profiles off attendees
> being set up on the Mashed web site[1]. And either you're all using
> pseudonyms or there are very few Perl mongers attending.
> I'm interested to hear why that is. We had a pretty good turnout last
> year. Was the strain of mingling with all those Ruby and PHP
> programmers too much?

I've got other stuff to do this weekend.

But even if I didn't, I wouldn't be going.  It looks like there's just
one interesting talk, and all the talks are over in half a day.  What's
happening in the rest of the time?  The website doesn't say, as far as I
can tell.

A bit of digging indicates that it's a hackathon where participants are
expected to work on things that I have no interest in, and to stay up
all night doing it.  Perhaps it might get filled with perl hackers if it
wasn't all about "web 2.0" shite and had a sensible schedule.

I approve of the pies though.  They've got one small thing right at
least.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

Aluminum makes a nice hat.
All paranoids will tell you that.
But what most do not know
Is reflections will show