[ANNOUNCE] London Perl Mongers tech meet, 31 Jul, BUPA House

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Jul 2 15:34:35 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 02:55:00PM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
> David Cantrell wrote:
> >The theme will be "I'm giving a talk at YAPC::Europe and I need to
> >practice on an audience other than my teddy bear".
> [ snip ]
> >Please try to limit your talks to *twenty minutes*,
> Aren't those two facts contradictory? Given that the vast majority of
> YAPC::Europe talks are 20 minutes long.

The YAPC::EU schedule has 30 minute slots, but I know the organisers'
intention was for speakers to use 20 minutes, giving time for people to
get to the next talk, the next speaker to set up, and so on.  I may
have some species of noise-making device to signal when your twenty
minutes is up.  I wonder what I can borrow from gellyfish for this ...

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity
    -- Hanlon's Razor

Stupidity maintained long enough is a form of malice
    -- Richard Bos's corollary