Lighttpd + FCGI + Perl, anyone?

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Sat Jul 12 06:59:30 BST 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 06:29:47PM +0100, Iain Barnett wrote:
> I'm trying to get the above setup to work, but I've found a big fat zero
> when it comes to useful info on how to do this with perl. The php and ruby
> crowd have got endless examples! (perhaps mongers are just seen as more
> resourceful?)
>
> If anyone has managed this, I'm most interested in what the fastcgi.server
> part of the lighttpd.conf looks like, as this is the most fatty part of the
> "big fat zero".

This works for me: (where the eventbot.fcgi is an auto-generated script
produced by Catalyst's build process).

$HTTP["host"] =~ "(www\.)?eventbot.dryft.net$" {
    fastcgi.server = (
        "" => (
            "eventbot" => (
                "socket" => "/tmp/eventbot-fcgi.sock",
                "max-procs" => 2,
                "check-local" => "disable",
                "bin-path" => "/var/www/eventbot/cgi-bin/eventbot.fcgi"
            )
        )
    )
}