ASN.1

Sagar R. Shah sagsshah at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 06:29:14 BST 2008

2008/7/16 Nigel Rantor <wiggly at wiggly.org>:

> Anyone here have recommendations/stories/anecdotes/warnings/information
> about perl libraries for dealing with ASN.1 data?

I think the ones that Net::LDAP uses (Convert::ASN1 iirc) are pure
perl and what fundamentally makes Net::LDAP slow. If u're only
processing a small set of data that'd probably be the way to go,
however if u're processing large sets and need very fast performance
you should take a look to see if there's an API to similar
functionality within the guts of Mozilla::LDAP

Sagar