Installing XML::Compile::SOAP

Mark Overmeer mark at
Fri Jul 18 17:42:47 BST 2008

* Jason Tang (dragor at [080718 15:22]:
> On Fri Jul 18, 2008 at 04:48:15PM +0200, Mark Overmeer wrote:
> > * Jason Tang (dragor at [080718 14:03]:
> > > I'm wondering if anyone else is getting this problem when trying to
> > > install XML::Compile::SOAP
> >
> > It is probably caused by changes in XML::Compile which I made recently.
> > I can reproduce the error, and will try to publish a fix today.
> aah thanks.. I thought I was going insane :)

Bugs happen.

Found the cause: since XML::Compile 0.88 (July 8th), the reader of
XML messages is strict on the name-space of the elements it picks,
not only looking at the localName of the elements.  Well, that broke

You know, the official SOAP1.1 specification is so horribly broken
that it's schema does not say that it is name-space qualified, although
it certainly must be used that way!

So, it took me some time to find the cause, but the solution was simple:
force the name-space qualifiedness with an option that compile() has.

I'll release a new ::SOAP later this evening. (And a new version of
XML::Compile, as usual on Fridays)
Thanks for the report,

       Mark at                          solutions at