perl one-liner

Robin Barker Robin.Barker at npl.co.uk
Sat Jul 19 22:02:14 BST 2008

> I was trying the Perl one liner below but it complains about an *unrecognized
> switch*. despite this the value is passed into the code.  I was trying to
> avoid a full script file with a getopts and its baggage.
> perl -s -e "print $oldage;" -oldage=abc
>
> Anyone got an idea what will work.

This works

perl -s -e "print $oldage;" -- -oldage=abc

Robin

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
disclose such information.

NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any
attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2937881
Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park,
                   Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom  RG27 9UY