YCHOYPMOOLT(P1) - Addendum

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Wed Jul 23 03:29:03 BST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 08:32:28PM +0100, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> 2008/7/22 Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk>:
> >
> > I've thought of a couple of other things that would be useful
> >
> > * Which sadly-missed dot-com companies have london.pm members worked for?
>
> Highlights for me include

> Oven Digital,

mmmm, Defender machine.

> Torrington Interactive, <-- not sure this is such a big 'House of Perl'
> EMAP

(some of these are still alive)

Fotango
Ebookers
Out-thingy the BUPA one
Venda
Foxtons
The BBC

There is definetly a set of 'associated companies'.

Other strange stories from London.pm history - the various times we
drank a pub out of beer or port. Including the time in portugal(?)
where we drank one bar out of beer, moved onto to another and repeated
the feat.

There is also of course the famous kidnapping of the bavarian folk
singer by gellyfish in munich. And acquisition of his guitar for our
own dodgy uses.

Random other thoughts

       * Dipsy, scribot
       * CPAN Leaderboard
       * The various t-shirts
	 - especially the 5 themed released, and the fact those boxes
           and t-shirts got carted around half of london. Also I'm
           sure aevil branded L.pm something around the PimB time.
       * The mini-golf game that never happened, despite threatening
         for several years.
       * The trip to NY
       * the little known london.pm - the text adventure
       * L.pm the PalmOS app
       * Spin off mailing lists, london.class and london.food

If someone is doing mbox analysis, I'd be interested to hear what the
longest thread ever is, I'm willing to bet its mailing list
metadiscussion, maybe BtVS (before debating Buffy, I seem to recall we
debated Maverick - not the character from Top Gun) related.

G.