Ender series ( was Re: The testing practitioner

Robert Shiels robert at se71.org
Thu Jul 24 09:33:45 BST 2008

Kaoru wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 7:14 PM, John Costello <cos at indeterminate.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Nigel Rantor wrote:
>
> I enjoyed them a lot, especially the Shadow Series (Ender's Shadow
> onwards) which I've re-read multiple times.
>
> Ooh Wikipedia says there will be two more, one for each series.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_works_by_Orson_Scott_Card

Oh god, can't someone make him stop. Of course, having invested so much
time already, I'll have to read them :-/

"Ender's Game" and "Speaker for the Dead" are award winning books and
two of my favourite novels ever. The other two in the Ender series are OK.

Ender's Shadow is really interesting, and a very original idea - a great
read if you've read the Ender Series. The rest of the books in the
Shadow series are, IMO, appalling; I'm not much into the future history
of the worlds religions, there is very little SF in there.

I read the short story first, long before it was a novel, and loved it.
It's probably better as a short story, you still get the full impact of
the central idea.