Google App Engine -- with Perl

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at
Sun Jul 27 00:40:53 BST 2008

On 26 Jul 2008, at 23:17, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2008, at 5:01 PM, Phil Pennock wrote:
>> On 2008-07-23 at 16:57 +0100, Leon Brocard wrote:
>>> I think this is excellent news - it's always good to have a new cool
>>> project to keep development going. It will take a few months to
>>> happen
>>> but I'm secretly happy that a CPAN protocol buffers module will
>>> transpire because of this.
>> Independently of that, but same author anyway.
>> The only visible content up there is the SVN repository, but hey, the
>> source code is ultimately the bit which matters.  No idea how far
>> along
>> it is.
> Brad was madly hacking on protocol buffers this week at oscon. mst
> and stevan did their best to brainwash him into the cult of Moose.
> It sounds like it might have worked.

I'm kind of vaguely seduced by moose, mainly by CL making antler
And the assertive, declarative nature of it.

Is there anything in the wild about:

1. Cookbooky things. How to do cool stuff in isolation.

2. How to moosify existing shitty codebases.

Dave Hodgkinson                                MSN: davehodg at
Site:                   UK: +44 7768 49020
Blog:                    NL: +31 654 982906