Ye Compleat History of Ye Perle Mongers of Olde London Towne (Pt 1)

Paul Mison lists at songtwo.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 14:51:41 BST 2008

2008/7/26 Simon Wistow <simon at thegestalt.org>:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:32:21PM +0100, Robert Shiels said:
>> I bought the components in a shop in Slough that doesn't exist any more. DJ
>> and I assembled it, and it languished in my house for a bit until a big
>> truck came and got it (DrHyde driving, Greg shotgun) IIRC.
>> http://flickr.com/photos/se71/5044280/
>
> At some point I made my way from Battersea to Ebookers, got very drunk
> over lunch with the crew there and then hopped in a cab and drove
> Penderel to State51.
>
> I have no recollection as to why this was seen as the mopst efficent way
> to move it.

Me neither. I do remember connecting it to the internet at State 51,
over the extra-long Golden Jubilee weekend in early June 2002, so that
would put the "languishing" phase at about two years. Maybe a year and
a half.

I believe it died in 2006. I still have two hard drives from it in my study.

--
Paul Mison
http://husk.org/