health of Perl/Act

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Mon Aug 4 10:36:23 BST 2008

I was talking to BooK over the weekend and he pointed out two
interesting things to me,

  a) next year will actually be the 10th YAPC::Europe.
     - i remember when a bunch of us sat in Penderels oak and
       discussed doing the first, we were a lot younger then.

  b) http://act.mongueurs.net/conferences.html

The graph at the bottom of (b) is particularly interesting as it shows
how grassroots Perl events are increasing and also how Act is playing
a part and hopefully helping.

And just reaching 10 w.r.t. (a) is amazing, there are companies out
there that would give their eye teeth for 10 years of conferences.

G.